Update on the midgets in S.E. Louisiana Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Fishing Texas Network » At The Ramp » Archive through August 3, 2005 » Update on the midgets in S.E. Louisiana « Previous Next »

Picou
Lunker
Username: Picou

Post Number: 1217

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 10:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Those worthless pukes keep calling me to rub it in on all the fish they are catching. Of course, knowing Wes... they have been getting skunked... :-)

Yesterday I got a voice mail from Wes around 7:00pm stating that they were wearing out the reds. My return call to him revealed that they already had 8 in the box and had released several more. They had not been on the water long and the fishing was great. He did say something about bringing Wade a bottle of Gin also... :-)

This morning I picked up my cell phone off the counter to see that there was a missed call and a voice mail. The VM was Wes exclaiming, "If your sorry arse would have come with us we would have 125 trout in the ice chest..." I called him back and they got into the trout thick this morning and limited out in about an hour and were now fishing -- and catching -- redfish.

Several hundred miles away and he still manages to tourment me... I could hear the other butt heads in the background making wise cracks also. Sounds like they are having a hell of a time down there.
Thank you Lord for my family and the waters I get to fish
Charles
Username: Charles

Post Number: 387

Posted on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Sounds like good times.
Wes
Username: Wes

Post Number: 117

Posted on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

stop being a mad little bald man.

trout are thick. redfish are skitish but we are catching some. the chexican is on fire with the reds though.

Picou, I did manage to catch another sheephead.

Biggun is drunk again...
Fishinaggie88
Crappie
Username: Fishinaggie88

Post Number: 327

Posted on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

That sounds like a BLAST!!!!

Man,, I am hurting!!!! I need a salt water fix real bad!!! Just need to make the time and make it happen.
Love to fish and hunt.
Bigboy
Minnow
Username: Bigboy

Post Number: 66

Posted on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 2:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I picked a real good time to move !!!!!!! Now I see what i'm missin out on !!!! man thiz sucks !!! Hey Picou, anyword on if wade is still able to talk lol. He told me that he waz gonna get DRUNK when they came down so it'll get worse
Dale_moser
Username: Dale_moser

Post Number: 127

Posted on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 4:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

What color dynamit...... I mean lures are yall using.

Leave it to a Czexican to outfish a bunch of Texans and a misplaced Jayhawk in south La.!

I'd give anything to be there right now.
Fishing is alot like sex: Even when it's bad it's still pretty good!
Fishinaggie88
Crappie
Username: Fishinaggie88

Post Number: 329

Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

OK,,,,,,,,,,,, What is the latest?
Love to fish and hunt.
Bigun
Crappie
Username: Bigun

Post Number: 453

Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 8:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

The 3 midgets left about 9 am and are probably just getting home. I followed them to Lafayette due to I had to pick up my daughter there and I set them up on some boudin. I'm sure posts and pictures will be coming shortly and a awesome time was had by all.

I won't ruin the fun by posting anything else due to I see this stuff everyday and want to see it from their side. One day Picou you will realize you CANNOT do everything and will save some vacation for the special stuff!!!! :-)

We are having little to no effects from the storm. Got lucky again. A little NW wind is all. We had to leave the camp early yesterday due to they cutoff all power out over the water in a just in case Dennis did turn.

MOSER, bring it on! Invite almost always open with a little notice from ya' brother!!! :-)
All I KNOW is three Texans are going down!
Simek
Minnow
Username: Simek

Post Number: 45

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 7:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Made it back to the motherland about 5:30 yesterday evening. Saw some beautiful country, met some awesome people and overall, had an outstanding time.

Lots of pics to come!
Wes
Username: Wes

Post Number: 118

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

This was a trip to remember for a long time. Wade, thanks again for the invite. Great fishing, great food and great company, what more could you want.

Redfishing could have been a little better, but we still managed to put a bunch in the boat. Biggest red was probably around 28inches or so. Trout were running on the small side also. Had a fish fry saturday night, fresh trout and frog legs....
, I am ready to head back down there!!!!
Atthewall
Crappie
Username: Atthewall

Post Number: 372

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I 2nd & 3rd Chris and Wes's comments and all I can add........

Wade you are THE MAN!!!

Working on some semblance of a fish tail of 3 Midgets and one Big Daddy in the Back Country wilds of Coonie country

A big ole DIRTY AAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

A big THANKS to Wes & Chris for some awesome friendship doing what we enjoy.

Wade you are not only an awesome Charter Captain but one heck of a standup Big Guy - THANK YOU!!!

(Message edited by atthewall on July 11, 2005)
Bigboy
Minnow
Username: Bigboy

Post Number: 68

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 12:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Man... Like I said, I picked a GREAT time to move. Sounds like yall had some fun. I'm a have to make a trip down there soon. Kinda Startin to miss the fishin' .
Will
Bluegill
Username: Will

Post Number: 167

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 1:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

PICS. LETS SEE SOME PICS.
Vegatarian: Indian Word for Bad Fisherman
Barnaclebill
Crappie
Username: Barnaclebill

Post Number: 310

Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 9:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Wade,, I'm definitely gonna have to make it over there sometime and wet a hook with ya,, shoot me an e-mail if ya would..
Born to fish-Forced to work

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration