Lake Fork Report Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Fishing Texas Network » Freshwater Fishing Reports » Lake Fork Report « Previous Next »

Guide__jeff_kirkwood
Minnow
Username: Guide__jeff_kirkwood

Post Number: 35

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2006 - 9:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Lake Fork

Water Temp: 64 - 66
Water Clarity: Clear

My trips for next spring are beginning to take flight, so if you’re interested in a guided fishing trip with me on Lake Fork give me a holler! Driving the lake continues to be treacherous, so if you’re heading to Fork be extremely cautious. It looks like Lake Fork is up about 4” and that’s a start, we just need more rain.

Fishing this past week has been anything but good. We’ve had too many changes in the weather for fishing to be what it should. The deep bite is very unstable. We catching a lot of fish in the deeper water but not very many bass, but we have had a couple of opportunities where I think we may have missed some better fish. The shallow water fishing is more consistent but again it isn’t what it should be either. The bite hasn’t changed from what it has been over the last few weeks other than from one day to the next the plastic bite might be better than the crankbait bite. For just plain numbers a wacky-rig is picking up fish but they’re quit a bit smaller than what we’re catching with the light-weight C-rigs. Hydrilla is still the key ingredient and so are the secondary points and two-thirds of the way back in the coves and creeks.

With the upcoming weather changes I really think fishing will get considerably better and the fish should continue on with what baits we’ve throwing. 100 series Bandits, chartreuse/white spinnerbaits and light weight Carolina-rigs with a variety of watermelon is what we’ve caught the majority of our fish on. Jigs are producing a few bites, but not as good as I think it will be shortly.

The fall bite is my favorite time of the year to fish so come out, give me a call and let me show you why it’s my favorite time to fish!

• If you are looking to buy a Nitro bass boat or a Nitro fish/ski boat I have Nitro gift certificates that can save you from $250.00 to $500.00. Just let me know you want or need one and I’ll see to it that I get it to you.

* I will be holding an intermediate / advance “Bassin’ Class” during the month of December. Details to follow soon!

If I can be of more help or assistance regarding a trip or “Bassin’ Class” please contact me at 972-636-7022 / 800-965-0350 or by e-mail at jeff@jeffkirkwood.com. My web site, www.fishinwithjeff.com , www.lakeforkfatgirls.com If your club, organization or church is looking for a guest speaker I’d be happy to come just give me a call and we’ll get it on the calendar.

It’s that time of year to start looking at your calendar for guide trips for fall and winter. The earlier you book your date the easier it will be to get the date(s) you want. I have dates available if you’re looking for a FULL-TIME guide. Here are my available dates for November: 9, 14, 16, 18, 21, 25, 28 & 30. So, should you want to become one of my many valued customers and a great group of fishermen give me a call, I’d be honored to be your guide. UNTIL NEXT TIME…GOOD LUCK & TIGHT-LINES!!!

Proud Sponsors of Jeff & his guide service: All Star Rods, Amsoil, Bandit, FGHP.com, J&J Sports, KeelShield, Lake Fork Tackle, Mercury Marine, Nitro, Pflueger Reels, Rat-L-Trap, Scum Frog, Shakespeare Fishing Line, “The” Bass Fishing Forum.com

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration